You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017 showed horizontal black lines on screen after a battery replacement

I had the battery on my 2017 MacBook Pro 13-inch replaced at an Apple Authorized Service Provider and when I picked it up from the repair it had horizontal black lines on the top of the screen, which it didn't have before the battery replacement. I noticed that the lines are worse as soon as I turn it on after some time not using the computer, then they start to fade as the computer gets warmer. I have already tried SMC and NVRAM resets, but nothing changed.

After a little research I learned that this is a common problem in the 2016 and 2017 MBP, but I still find it really weird that it only happened to my device after a battery replacement. Could the new battery have triggered this problem somehow? What could have happened at the AASP that could have caused this, maybe extreme temperatures in their storage/repair shop?

This is what the lines look like as soon as the display turns on:

MacBook Pro de Maísa

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 8:05 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 31, 2023 8:48 PM in response to WheelieNick

I've already been back at the service provider and they insinuated I lied about the problem, gave me false information about their service and then told me that all they could do about it is replace the screen for R$5600 (around 1180 USD). I want to better understand what could have caused this problem so that I can seek legal resolution.

MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017 showed horizontal black lines on screen after a battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.