You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac reboots itself at the same time interval

Hello to all.

I have Apple Mac Book Pro M1 Max, Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82). My Mac reboots itself at the same time interval.There is no problem when I work on it but if I leave it after about 15 minutes it has restarted.

I am video editor and I'm making TVC's and music videos mainly and sometimes on set right away. I have a lot of stuff installed on it and in the "Activity monitor" the processes are around 500.

I was on Monterey and updated the OS but it didn't help. I think it's some kind of kernel panic but I don't know how to fix it.

Any help it will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Alexandra’s MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 11:41 AM

10 replies

Jul 29, 2023 6:51 AM in response to Sandriniya

Your panics appear to be to be caused by Disk Management software you have added. You appear to be having a large-scale food-fight over which driver controls which drive, and what format your drives are using.

You have multiple disk manager softwares installed, including ATTO drivers when you have no ATTO hardware. You have at least two utilities to support Windows New Technology File System (NTFS, the W is silent because there are no other Operating Systems). You have a RAID software I have never heard of, and I am generally well-informed about RAID.

Unless you regularly exchange whole drives with Windows users, we always recommend you completely ERASE each drive when new, so that it will be using a Disk Utility Driver, not simulating a Mac Volume inside a NTFS File System. Not using third-party disk drivers. Not using unknown RAID drivers.

Disk Utility supports RAID drives natively -- PROVIDED they are Mac-format drives, which they should be.

Jul 28, 2023 1:27 PM in response to Sandriniya

The number of processes running is as expected. I am surfing the forums and reading my email and I have 428 processes active. Mac software is very complex.

Kernel panic is not ONE problem, it is one of thousands of problems.

Kernel Panic Reports are stored at:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you copy and paste that string into:

Finder > Go menu > Go to Folder

it will take you to the Folder where those reports are stored.

They are named with Date&Time and start or end in ‘panic’

If you find one, please post the entire report here, by using the “additional text” Icon in the reply footer (looks like a paper with writing).

Please don’t post more about 20 lines of any other types of reports — they are interminable, and any information useful for this purpose is on the first screenful.

Aug 22, 2023 5:14 PM in response to varuagar

varuagar wrote:

I am running into same issue.

Mixing threads for what are usually unrelated issues gets confusing.

Please post the EtreCheck data over in your original thread, and somebody here can confirm that.

What is the text you see in error message when it gets restarted.

Again, your MacBook Pro looks like an IT-managed environment given AnyConnect, and you will want to get them involved, as IT managed environments can and often do have different IT-focused apps, constraints, and requirements associated.

My Mac reboots itself at the same time interval

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.