You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Apple TV to a different Home

Hello.

My family has two homes in our home app. One with our living room Apple TV, and the other with our ecobee and our two separate HomePod minis. Is there any way to move the living room Apple TV to the home with all of the other devices so they can all be on one home and work together? Just some things to note: the home with the living room Apple TV on it was set up and the home was created by my dad, and the home with everything else was created by me. I have tried to add the Apple TV to the main home with the rest of the devices, but I can't since the Apple TV is not under my Apple ID. I don't know if my dad would want to change the Apple ID of the TV. Also, just to make sure, can I disconnect the Apple TV from the home, and then reconnect it easily? I am assuming that it has to reconnect with the Apple IDs matching, but would it be possible to connect it without changing the Apple ID on the Apple TV? Would my dad be able to add it to the home with all of the devices since he has access to that home? Hopefully this is clear.

Thanks.

Living Room

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 8:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2024 11:24 AM

You can have a separate Apple TV box for the kids, that is not part of the HomeKit home. Nothing wrong with that.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 9, 2024 12:53 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Why would they do that?

Why can’t any resident in a home add a device and have it accessible to all other residents? That would make the most sense to me. What’s the point in sharing a home if all the devices have to be registered to the same person? You don’t have to be a resident to control devices like HomePods with voice, so actually what is the point?

I don’t want to be the default user on my Apple TV because then my kids muck up my watch history because they don’t change to their profiles. So I want to use another AppleID my husband and I used when we shared a phone and still use for a joint email account.

But now the AppleTV won’t show up in our home, even though that AppleID is a resident.

Moving Apple TV to a different Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.