You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock my iPhone after passcode was forgotten and now the device is unavailable

My boyfriend was trying to unlock my iPhone and entered an incorrect passcode so many times that the phone now just says that’s it’s unavailable. How can I unlock it? I don’t remember what the passcode was myself, as it is an iPhone 12 and I haven’t used it for years. I desperately want my child’s baby pictures from it and I don’t want to lose them, amongst other very sentimental pictures/videos.. Please help! Thank you

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 12:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 1:01 PM

You will need to restore the device using a computer. The process will erase the device. Later you can restore your data from a recent back-up. Instructions here…

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

I hope you had your photos backed-up!

1 reply

How to unlock my iPhone after passcode was forgotten and now the device is unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.