You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Atmos sound from apple TV

Hi, I need your help.

I have connected an apple TV 4k to an older TV that doesn't support Dolby Atmos/vision and in the audio video settings the immersive audio is not showing at all and I think that this is normal.

I tried to connect with the Apple TV a pair of earbuds by bluetooth (which support dolby Atmos), but still no immersive audio is showing when the earbuds get connected.

My question is if I connect the apple TV first to a Dolby Atmos/vision soundbar with hdmi, is that gonna make any difference?

My goal would be, to manage somehow to send from my apple TV 4k to my LG tone t90 (Atmos earbuds), dolby Atmos sound. That's why I thought about using a soundbar, to pass the Dolby Atmos from apple TV to earbuds through it.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 7:01 PM

As far as I can tell, the LG Tone T90 earbuds are designed for smart phones. Use with other devices may have reduced functionality, and I expect that Dolby Atmos processing is among the unsupported features for other devices. There is nothing on the Apple TV, TV, or soundbar that brings enhanced functionality for these earbuds. Please contact LG for confirmation of supported devices for this model earbuds when intending Dolby Atmos use. I expect only Android 13+ and iOS 15+ smart phones.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2023 7:01 PM in response to Spyros48

As far as I can tell, the LG Tone T90 earbuds are designed for smart phones. Use with other devices may have reduced functionality, and I expect that Dolby Atmos processing is among the unsupported features for other devices. There is nothing on the Apple TV, TV, or soundbar that brings enhanced functionality for these earbuds. Please contact LG for confirmation of supported devices for this model earbuds when intending Dolby Atmos use. I expect only Android 13+ and iOS 15+ smart phones.

Atmos sound from apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.