You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding people to iMessage

I just purchased the newest iPad Pro. (I also own an iPhone 11 and a MacBook Air.) In the past I’ve relied on my iPhone to send and receive messages on iMessage. Now I would like to use my iPad Pro as well. However, I’ve found I don’t know how to add recipients. It seems like this must be easy to do, but I haven’t found any guidance so far. Any ideas? (My iPad is not digitally equipped.) Thank you!

Stephen’s iPad

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:22 AM

Hello.

It looks like that your iMessage is not synced through iCloud. Assuming you have the same Apple ID on the iPad Pro and other devices, you can do this:

Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > then look under Apps using iCloud, and if Messages isn't there, click Show More > Messages > Toggle on: Sync this iPad

This may take up some storage while doing this, and you may also have to be plugged into a charger while doing it since it is retrieving it all from iCloud. After that, you should see all of your recipients from your other devices on Messages on your iPad as well.

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 10:22 AM in response to smillerjapan

Hello.

It looks like that your iMessage is not synced through iCloud. Assuming you have the same Apple ID on the iPad Pro and other devices, you can do this:

Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > then look under Apps using iCloud, and if Messages isn't there, click Show More > Messages > Toggle on: Sync this iPad

This may take up some storage while doing this, and you may also have to be plugged into a charger while doing it since it is retrieving it all from iCloud. After that, you should see all of your recipients from your other devices on Messages on your iPad as well.

Hope this helps.

Adding people to iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.