You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to steam movies from my iPhone to a Roku tv

I bought a av lighting adapter for my iPhone and I want watch a movie from my phone. Do I need internet to do that. What are the steps that I need to watch a movie on my Roku tv

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 8:18 PM

Transcent Said:

"Trying to steam movies from my iPhone to a Roku tv: I bought a av lighting adapter for my iPhone and I want watch a movie from my phone. Do I need internet to do that. What are the steps that I need to watch a movie on my Roku tv"

-------

Mirroring iPhone to Roku TV:

1. Try this App: Screen Mirroring for Roku - App Store
  2. As it Reads: "Screen Mirroring for Roku is the easy mirror app to share your iPhone or iPad screen on your Roku Streaming Player"
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 8:18 PM in response to Transcent

Transcent Said:

"Trying to steam movies from my iPhone to a Roku tv: I bought a av lighting adapter for my iPhone and I want watch a movie from my phone. Do I need internet to do that. What are the steps that I need to watch a movie on my Roku tv"

-------

Mirroring iPhone to Roku TV:

1. Try this App: Screen Mirroring for Roku - App Store
  2. As it Reads: "Screen Mirroring for Roku is the easy mirror app to share your iPhone or iPad screen on your Roku Streaming Player"

Jul 31, 2023 7:51 PM in response to Transcent

Re: "Trying to steam movies from my iPhone to a Roku tv"

Am no expert in this area: Seems there are a couple of ways you could stream movies from your phone to the tv.

How to: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Or

There is a Roku - Official Remote Control on the App Store

Seems you can "Cast media files from your phone, like videos and photos, to your TV"

Use the free Roku mobile app to: Control your Roku devices with a convenient remote;

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/roku-official-remote-control/id482066631

Trying to steam movies from my iPhone to a Roku tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.