You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid Serial Number

I am trying to enter my serial number to access my trade-in value for my MacBook Pro 2015, but for some reason my serial number isn't working and when I access the support portal they said to swap the 'o' with '0'.

Although my serial number already has the '0' I tried re-typing it in and still there have been some difficulty accessing it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 6:30 AM

That image may be found in Apple menu -> About This Mac, where Apple menu is the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen. If you don't see a menu, hit the Esc key on the upper left corner to reveal the Mac menubar. The menubar is invisible during recovery mode and a full install or boot and login must be made to get the Apple menu to show.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2023 6:30 AM in response to PRP_53

That image may be found in Apple menu -> About This Mac, where Apple menu is the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen. If you don't see a menu, hit the Esc key on the upper left corner to reveal the Mac menubar. The menubar is invisible during recovery mode and a full install or boot and login must be made to get the Apple menu to show.

Invalid Serial Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.