You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect a monitor through HDMI cable to my MacBook Air

serial number : C0******FWN

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)

unfortunately l cannot add a monitor, even though l tried to connect through an adapter ( hmdi to port then connected to the apple, l also added mouse and keyboard to whether port is working and all those items are working except the monitor display).

displays preferences do not show that whether l can add any other monitor, there is no any option on that too.

so l have been trying to Airplay display mode to Bedroom or airmac but it`s turned on automatically to the OFF mode, so it`s very confusing l am afraid l cannot understand this. So am l in position to add another monitor ?? it might be not possible to that.

look forward to receiving your support/assist, thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 3:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 4:39 PM

You can add one external monitor, with resolution up to 3840 x 2160. I don't know what refresh rate you'll get if you go with a 3840 x 2160 pixel monitor.

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications

"Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Thunderbolt digital video output

• Native Mini DisplayPort output
    • DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
    • VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
    • Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
    • HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)"

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2023 4:39 PM in response to nurcanturan21

You can add one external monitor, with resolution up to 3840 x 2160. I don't know what refresh rate you'll get if you go with a 3840 x 2160 pixel monitor.

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications

"Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Thunderbolt digital video output

• Native Mini DisplayPort output
    • DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
    • VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
    • Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
    • HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)"

I cannot connect a monitor through HDMI cable to my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.