You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac was compromised yesterday, do you have software to check for virus?

Hello, my mac was hacked and while I have checked for malware I would like to know if there is a software I can download to check for any viruses or malware?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 9:33 AM

See also:

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

8 replies

Aug 2, 2023 9:18 AM in response to martafromkaty

There is no malware that can SPONTANEOUSLY infect you well-protected Macintosh computer running currently-supported MacOS.

However, if you AUTHORIZED something to be installed (by Providing your admin password) checking is not nearly enough -- you need to completely ERASE, re-install MacOS, and re-import your files from backups.

¿so what happened to you?

¿did you authorize something to install?

Aug 2, 2023 10:18 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

My computer was taken by someone with the apple logo and a message with voice saying that my ip had been compromised to call apple support at the number below. I called and didn't sound like apple support so I followed my gut feeling and hang up while the man was asking questions. I checked with apple support last night who helped me checked all the the securities and for malware and we didn't find any. Just want to be extra cautious. I have changed all PW.

my mac was compromised yesterday, do you have software to check for virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.