You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many months does it take for a HomePod Mini to calibrate?

Once upon a time, my HomePod Mini worked fine. It communicated well with my so-called 'smart plugs' which are nothing of the sort, and upon one of the iOS updates, it calibrated for both temperature and humidity. Now it only functions as Siri input device and a very expensive bluetooth speaker. I've given up trying to use it as a HomeKit home hub, but now after resets, several calls to Apple, and a trip to an Apple Store, it is still calibrating to set temperature and humidity.

My question is: how many months does it take to calibrate?

HomePod mini

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 8:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 10:17 PM

It shouldn’t take this long. I suggest you submit feedback so they might work on a fix for iOS 17 (later in the fall)

Feedback - HomePod - Apple

• Have you updated all software on HomePods and the iPhone or device used to set it up?
  • When you “Reset” it, did you do a proper hard reset by pressing the top? Not just the removal method. Or if you have a Mac you can restore it on that by plugging it into the Mac. * It will flash orange during this.

See instructions here: Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2023 10:17 PM in response to rwraysmith

It shouldn’t take this long. I suggest you submit feedback so they might work on a fix for iOS 17 (later in the fall)

Feedback - HomePod - Apple

• Have you updated all software on HomePods and the iPhone or device used to set it up?
  • When you “Reset” it, did you do a proper hard reset by pressing the top? Not just the removal method. Or if you have a Mac you can restore it on that by plugging it into the Mac. * It will flash orange during this.

See instructions here: Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.