You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro firmware passcode

I forgot my MacBook Pro password, or just typed wrong one due to language issue when setting the Mac, and it asked me to use the Apple ID instead, unfortunately instead of Apple ID, it gives me the black screen with a lock, from online I found that it's an EFI or firmware passcode. What can I do to fix it, please? How can I remove this password? I already added my Apple ID and I can see the MacBook pro in my devices list, but can't do anything!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 10:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 11:54 PM

Hi,

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Find Locations

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2023 11:54 PM in response to DeP250

Hi,

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Find Locations

MacBook Pro firmware passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.