You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail alert: Account has been hacked popup message

On my MacBook Pro, I started getting popup messages with the System icon and the text "Gmail alert: Account has been hacked. Your data may be stolen! Delete virus" Still happens after reinstalling OS and running through virus check. How can I get rid of these messages that clearly want me to click on something that would install something harmful. Screen shot attached. How do I identify and remove this malware?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 4:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 4:39 PM

Probably, A site you visited might have added itself to notifications in Safari. It's a scam.

Open Safari's settings. Click on the Websites tab. Scroll down on the left side and click on Notifications. Remove the offending entry or entries.

6 replies

Gmail alert: Account has been hacked popup message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.