You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my "messages" icon open in my tool bar so I can get my messages on my Mac?

All of a sudden I don't get messages on my Mac? I can't read or send or even get the icon (the green and white icon in my tool bar) to open and show me my messages.....why?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 7:23 PM

jackiebegnaud wrote:

All of a sudden I don't get messages on my Mac? I can't read or send or even get the icon (the green and white icon in my tool bar) to open and show me my messages.....why?

Not sure which is the "Tool bar"...?

The Dock (?)— if the app icon is corrupt there drag it off and drag a new one from the Applications folder

or

Launch it from the Applications folder...

once it opens in the Dock you can Control click for the popup window>Options>Keep in Dock

ref: Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

If you can't send or receive messages on your Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2023 7:23 PM in response to jackiebegnaud

jackiebegnaud wrote:

Not sure which is the "Tool bar"...?

The Dock (?)— if the app icon is corrupt there drag it off and drag a new one from the Applications folder

or

Launch it from the Applications folder...

once it opens in the Dock you can Control click for the popup window>Options>Keep in Dock

ref: Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

If you can't send or receive messages on your Mac

Why won't my "messages" icon open in my tool bar so I can get my messages on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.