You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE ID

The Apple ID i use on my MacBook is not accepted by my new iPhone..."This Apple ID is not available. Please create another one." Do I really need 2 separate ID's?

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 10:02 AM

You do not need two but from the message you present it looks like you are trying to create a separate account instead of signing into the old one.

Read this document to learn how to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac --> Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2023 10:02 AM in response to Slammer55

You do not need two but from the message you present it looks like you are trying to create a separate account instead of signing into the old one.

Read this document to learn how to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac --> Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

APPLE ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.