You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use iphone11 when receiving call when phone is locked?

I can receive a call from my iphone 11 is locked no problem by swiping it.

But then I have no way of putting it on speaker or am able to press any numbers for options when asked to press a number. Is there a way to do this since my iphone still appears to be locked?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 7:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 8:36 PM

Two ways to do this.

#1. You open the App Switcher, and find the call in there (watch the GIF in the link). It will appear like so:

Then tap on the call and away you go!

#2. You can also tap on the green clock in the top left corner of your iPhone, which will take you directly to the call. This is why swiping up and down was inconsistent, but worked. Sometimes you hit the button, sometimes you didn’t. See the screenshot:

Notice the green clock. That is what you will want to hit after unlocking the iPhone, which I think is the simpler method of the two.

Good Luck! 😊

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2023 8:36 PM in response to Ronk23

Two ways to do this.

#1. You open the App Switcher, and find the call in there (watch the GIF in the link). It will appear like so:

Then tap on the call and away you go!

#2. You can also tap on the green clock in the top left corner of your iPhone, which will take you directly to the call. This is why swiping up and down was inconsistent, but worked. Sometimes you hit the button, sometimes you didn’t. See the screenshot:

Notice the green clock. That is what you will want to hit after unlocking the iPhone, which I think is the simpler method of the two.

Good Luck! 😊

Aug 5, 2023 8:20 PM in response to H1290

Yes swiping unlocks the phone. But then I can't always get to the phone call.

I am trying to get to the black screen where it shows the call and where I can enter the keypad numbers and the speaker . I tried several times by swiping again from down to up. Every once in a while it works. Doesn't seem to be consistent.

Aug 6, 2023 6:24 AM in response to H1290

Thanks everyone for your reply. After trying several methods I found the most consistent way is instead of swiping to the right to answer the locked phone, instead I swipe up twice, and then I have the option to enter password to unlock phone. Then swipe up again and it brings me to the call , where I have all the options (Enter numbers, speaker,etc..)

How to use iphone11 when receiving call when phone is locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.