You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect an external microphone to my iPad 10th gen?

How do I hookup an external microphone to my iPad 10th gen..?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 3:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 8:50 AM

Assuming that your microphone has an appropriately wired 3.5mm audio plug, you may be able to connect the microphone to your iPad10 using an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter:

• USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MU7E2ZM/A

While this adapter is primarily intended to connect wired headphones or earbuds (with microphone) to your iPad, a correctly wired microphone can be connected. Here is a diagram of commonly found 3.5mm plugs; the microphone must be wired to the CTIA/Apple standard:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2023 8:50 AM in response to HarleyBob957

Assuming that your microphone has an appropriately wired 3.5mm audio plug, you may be able to connect the microphone to your iPad10 using an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter:

• USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MU7E2ZM/A

While this adapter is primarily intended to connect wired headphones or earbuds (with microphone) to your iPad, a correctly wired microphone can be connected. Here is a diagram of commonly found 3.5mm plugs; the microphone must be wired to the CTIA/Apple standard:

Aug 7, 2023 8:42 AM in response to HarleyBob957

There is no native process to do that.

If you have an App installed that supports the microscope, and a Microscope that supports iPads, then follow the steps in its own user guide for how to connect it.

Some attach over the the iPad camera, others may use the USB-C port.

Each microscope would be different.

At least provide the make and model of the microscope and someone may be able to advise.

How do I connect an external microphone to my iPad 10th gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.