You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera. Unknown part. I never changed the cam. I didn’t drop the phone . I updated the software. Is this an iPhone scam to get me to change my perfect phone?

Camera unknown part. I have a good iPhone 13pro. No camera was changed. Not dropped. This message just appeared. The camera works perfect. I just updated my iOS. Is this a scam to upgrade my iPhone ?

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 8:42 AM

2 possibilities:

• The phone's software has picked up a potential issue with the camera
  • False alarm

Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized service shop to get it checked out. You can find an authorized service location in your area using this link:

Find Locations

2 replies

Camera. Unknown part. I never changed the cam. I didn’t drop the phone . I updated the software. Is this an iPhone scam to get me to change my perfect phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.