You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hue bridge can’t connect to new phone’s home app, because it was paired to my old phone. Help

I lost my old phone where I had my hue bridge paired with the apple home app. Now I have a new phone and my hue bridge won’t pair with HomeKit, because it’s been paired with a phone I no longer have access too. How can I connect the hue bridge to my new home app?

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 4:13 AM

I had the same problem when I replaced my phone. Pushing the button on the bridge (as shown in the app) did nothing. Powering the bridge down and back up didn’t work either. I deleted the app and reinstalled. Once I entered my password and accepted new terms and conditions it worked and all data was still there. Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2023 4:13 AM in response to Scott7nyk

I had the same problem when I replaced my phone. Pushing the button on the bridge (as shown in the app) did nothing. Powering the bridge down and back up didn’t work either. I deleted the app and reinstalled. Once I entered my password and accepted new terms and conditions it worked and all data was still there. Hope this helps.

Aug 8, 2023 1:50 PM in response to Scott7nyk

First - Be sure you have updated the software on your new iPhone - this is important if you had upgraded to the new home architecture because any devices not running the latest OS can’t use the Home App. Upgrade all software on other devices, particularly the device you’re using as a Hub. Is this Apple TV or HomePod? The new architecture (if upgraded) no longer supports iPads as Hubs. Make sure your Hub is using the same Apple ID. Same home wifi on all devices as well.

Everything in Homekit should transfer over to any other Home App supported device signed in with the same Apple ID. On your new iPhone in settings - your name - iCloud - Apps using iCloud - “Show All” and enable Home.

You can also enable the bridge by installing the Hue App on your new phone. Once you open the App you will be prompted to connect the Bridge by pressing the button on top. You will at least be able to use the Hue App to control your lights.

See if any of this helps.

Hue bridge can’t connect to new phone’s home app, because it was paired to my old phone. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.