You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get an app-specific password?

I have tried to get an app specific password and everything seems to be correct. I have two factor authentication enabled, but when I go to generate a password, it says to continue on one of my other devices. When I open it up to settings and my app ID nothing happens. I click ok on the message, and still nothing happens.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 12:58 PM

Hey CYates23,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If you haven't already, try while using a different browser to see if that helps to create that app-specific password. Just in case, here are the steps to create that: Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2023 12:58 PM in response to CYates23

Hey CYates23,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If you haven't already, try while using a different browser to see if that helps to create that app-specific password. Just in case, here are the steps to create that: Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Why can't I get an app-specific password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.