You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System is under threat pop up

Past couple days I'm getting Pop up windows on our new MacAir warning that the system is under threat. Most recent was while reading a news article and the pop up window appeared; the page was black with a large white pop up covering another rectangle shaped pop up window - the pop up message: "MacOS Security Center has identified that your system is under threat. Please san your MacOS as soon as possible to avoid more damage. Don't leave this page until you have undertaken all the suggested steps by authorised Antivirus." (I tried to insert a photo here - but kept getting an error message).

I closed out Safari and re-booted the computer (as I'd been told to do when this happened a month or so ago. I checked for unfamiliar profiles and apps and there are not any. What else can I do - this has happened two days in a row now -- Do I need to do a re-install?

Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 10:42 PM

6 replies

System is under threat pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.