You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I take my trade-in for shipping back to Apple?

I bought a new MacBook Air. I’m trading in my previous one.

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 11:11 AM

If you setup a Trade In, you should receive shipping box and address label a couple of days after getting your Mac, to send the old one in. There should also be instructions in the Trade-In kit.

You don't need to include cables or accessories.

4 replies

Aug 9, 2023 11:52 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks! I got the box. The instructions related to preparing the laptop for trade-in. There was a gap, however, because it didn’t mention w we whether to take it to USPS, FedEx or UPS. In prior experience, a return shipping label was inside the box and it said which vendor to use. :)

I noticed UPS brought it and presumed that they would receive it back from me. This seems pretty simple, except in a text or email I thought I remembered seeing USPS mentioned which threw me a curve ball.

Aug 9, 2023 12:09 PM in response to hannahmanger

hannahmanger wrote:

Thanks! I got the box. The instructions related to preparing the laptop for trade-in. There was a gap, however, because it didn’t mention w we whether to take it to USPS, FedEx or UPS. In prior experience, a return shipping label was inside the box and it said which vendor to use. :)

I noticed UPS brought it and presumed that they would receive it back from me. This seems pretty simple, except in a text or email I thought I remembered seeing USPS mentioned which threw me a curve ball.

Look under the label addressed to you for the return label.

Where do I take my trade-in for shipping back to Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.