You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app on Mac not syncing all photos from iPhone

I have been manually downloading photos from my iPhone 12 pro to my iMac using a cable. Generally this process works smoothly. However, today after connecting the iPhone to the mac, the Photos app on the Mac is not showing me all the photos available to be downloaded. It's stopping at a certain point, beyond which it just shows me blank squares instead of the new pics for downloading.

I have tried restarting the phone and the computer but the problem is still there. It just loads up the photos from the phone upto a certain point and then stops. This problem was not there earlier. Screenshot enclosed for reference.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 3:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 6:48 AM

ExPort1 wrote:

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem with the Photos app on your Mac not syncing all photos from your iPhone:

I don't have a problem with the Photos application on my Mac.

I hope this helps!

Nope. If you're going to use ChatGPT copypasta, at least make sure that you're replying to the right person.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2023 6:48 AM in response to ExPort1

ExPort1 wrote:

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem with the Photos app on your Mac not syncing all photos from your iPhone:

I don't have a problem with the Photos application on my Mac.

I hope this helps!

Nope. If you're going to use ChatGPT copypasta, at least make sure that you're replying to the right person.

Aug 10, 2023 6:40 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure that both your Mac and your iPhone are connected to the internet. If your internet connection is slow or intermittent, it can cause problems with syncing photos.
  2. Restart your devices. Sometimes a simple restart can fix problems with syncing. Restart your Mac and your iPhone, then try syncing your photos again.
  3. Force quit the Photos app. If restarting your devices doesn't work, try force quitting the Photos app on your Mac. To do this, press Command+Option+Esc to open the Force Quit window. Select the Photos app, then click Force Quit.
  4. Update your software. Make sure that your Mac and your iPhone are running the latest software. Apple often releases updates that fix bugs and improve performance.
  5. Use iCloud Photos. If you have iCloud Photos enabled, you can use it to sync your photos between your Mac and iPhone automatically. This can be a good option if you're having trouble syncing photos manually.

If you've tried all of these steps and you're still having problems, you can contact Apple support for help.

Here are some additional tips that might help:

• Make sure that you're not trying to sync too many photos at once. If you have a large number of photos on your iPhone, it might take a while for the Photos app to sync them all.
  • Try syncing your photos in a different folder on your Mac. Sometimes a corrupted folder can cause problems with syncing.
  • If you're using a third-party photo management app, try disabling it and syncing your photos using the Photos app.

I hope this helps!

Photos app on Mac not syncing all photos from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.