You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro laptop screen goes black when fully opened.

My MacBook laptop 15inch screen goes black when I fully open. It has power and battery. I have heard the flexgate is common issue with Touch Bar MacBook Pro 2016 model. I have been told the screen is replaced with quotes of £700. Can anyone advise me if Apple know this is a fault and they replace free of charge as it’s not anything I have done to cause damage.

Any advice!!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 12:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 12:42 PM

Here are Apple's current service programs:Apple Service Programs - Apple Support

If your deice is not included in the programs, you are responsible for repair costs.

Programs come and go and there once being a "Flexgate" program that is no longer listed means the window to take advantage of it has closed.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80176-apple-launches-repair-program-macbook-pro-flexgate-defect.html

In part: "The program only covers laptops for four years after they were purchased, so those who bought their 2016 Pro when they first launched in October 2016, have a little over a year to make a claim"

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2023 12:42 PM in response to DGB1982

Here are Apple's current service programs:Apple Service Programs - Apple Support

If your deice is not included in the programs, you are responsible for repair costs.

Programs come and go and there once being a "Flexgate" program that is no longer listed means the window to take advantage of it has closed.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80176-apple-launches-repair-program-macbook-pro-flexgate-defect.html

In part: "The program only covers laptops for four years after they were purchased, so those who bought their 2016 Pro when they first launched in October 2016, have a little over a year to make a claim"

MacBook Pro laptop screen goes black when fully opened.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.