You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authentication with Apple ID

I wanted to ask this to the community. Does anyone know of a way to change 2FA for Apple ID sign in, so that only phone authentication is allowed even if trusted devices include iPads?

I am IT for a client, and say someone wants to change the password, all they have to do is do the 'forgot password" and they are prompted to enter a 6 digit code to any of the trusted devices signed in. Or say, they want to login the account in the browser appleid.apple.com, the first prompt is to enter the 6 digit code.

On my own account only my phone is in the trusted devices so the only prompt I get is to my phone. Has anyone see a way to change it so it doesn't send the code to all devices but goes straight to a trusted phone?

Thanks.

Mac Pro (2023)

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 2:22 PM

I have not seen a way.

Click on this link for Apple products feedback links --> Product Feedback - Apple

Apple may not respond but your comment will be read.

Similar questions

2 replies

Authentication with Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.