You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted my mail app and cant add my mail back

I accidentally deleted my mail app on my iphone and downloaded the mail app. However, I cant add my email

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 10:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 10:51 PM

If you accidentally deleted the Mail app on your iPhone and are now having trouble adding your email account back, follow these steps to reconfigure your email account:

1. **Open Settings**: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.

2. **Scroll Down and Find Mail**: Scroll down and look for the "Mail" option. Tap on it.

3. **Accounts**: In the Mail settings, you should see an "Accounts" section. Tap on it.

4. **Add Account**: Tap on "Add Account" to start the process of adding your email account.

5. **Choose Your Email Provider**: Select your email provider from the list. If your provider is not listed, you can choose "Other" and manually set up the account.

6. **Sign In**: Enter your email address and password associated with your email account. Follow the prompts to sign in.

7. **Configuration**: Depending on your email provider, the configuration steps might vary slightly. You might need to provide additional information such as server settings, incoming and outgoing mail server details, and more.

8. **Save**: Once you have entered all the necessary information, tap "Next" or "Save" to complete the setup.

9. **Verify**: Your iPhone will attempt to verify the account settings and connect to your email server. If everything is set up correctly, your email account should now be added to the Mail app.

If you encounter any issues during the setup process, double-check the entered information, especially server settings and email address/password. If you're still having trouble, you might want to contact your email service provider's support for specific setup instructions or troubleshooting assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2023 10:51 PM in response to imee96

If you accidentally deleted the Mail app on your iPhone and are now having trouble adding your email account back, follow these steps to reconfigure your email account:

1. **Open Settings**: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.

2. **Scroll Down and Find Mail**: Scroll down and look for the "Mail" option. Tap on it.

3. **Accounts**: In the Mail settings, you should see an "Accounts" section. Tap on it.

4. **Add Account**: Tap on "Add Account" to start the process of adding your email account.

5. **Choose Your Email Provider**: Select your email provider from the list. If your provider is not listed, you can choose "Other" and manually set up the account.

6. **Sign In**: Enter your email address and password associated with your email account. Follow the prompts to sign in.

7. **Configuration**: Depending on your email provider, the configuration steps might vary slightly. You might need to provide additional information such as server settings, incoming and outgoing mail server details, and more.

8. **Save**: Once you have entered all the necessary information, tap "Next" or "Save" to complete the setup.

9. **Verify**: Your iPhone will attempt to verify the account settings and connect to your email server. If everything is set up correctly, your email account should now be added to the Mail app.

If you encounter any issues during the setup process, double-check the entered information, especially server settings and email address/password. If you're still having trouble, you might want to contact your email service provider's support for specific setup instructions or troubleshooting assistance.

I deleted my mail app and cant add my mail back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.