You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to include Bulleted Lists as a Style in Pages

This has bugged me for many years of regular Pages use. I want to create a Style called Body Bullet which once set would include the Bullet points at the beginning of the paragraph without me having to reset them every time.

At the moment I can create the style, but when selecting it for another paragraph the Bullet points are not included, only the other aspects of the text.

Is there a way to do this?

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 9:50 AM

Hi Basilisk2

To my knowledge this can't be done in the way you've described. Paragraph Styles are separate from Number & Bullet lists.

You've already created a custom Bulleted list so add that to the options in Numbers & Lists then assign a keyboard shortcut to make it easier to reuse your list style.

Hopefully someone will correct me (that happens a lot) and I'll learn something new as well. :)

Bob264

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2023 9:50 AM in response to Basilisk2

Hi Basilisk2

To my knowledge this can't be done in the way you've described. Paragraph Styles are separate from Number & Bullet lists.

You've already created a custom Bulleted list so add that to the options in Numbers & Lists then assign a keyboard shortcut to make it easier to reuse your list style.

Hopefully someone will correct me (that happens a lot) and I'll learn something new as well. :)

Bob264

How to include Bulleted Lists as a Style in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.