You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spatial audio not available

I bought a brand new pair of AirPods Pro and I set up my personalised spatial audio. I opened the control centre, pressed and held on the audio icon until both "noise control" and "spatial audio" came up. I wasn’t able to tap on the spatial audio, saying "Not Available" underneath, even though my AirPods were connected and spatial audio feature enabled. What can I do?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 8:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 14, 2023 11:53 AM in response to nora_0881

Hello nora_0881,

We'd like to provide some assistance with your AirPods. It looks like you want to turn on Spatial Audio but it is coming up as not available. Let's follow the steps below and see if we can get it to work.

"Turn on spatial audio

Learn how to turn on spatial audio on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV.

Turn on spatial audio on your iPhone or iPad

1. Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation), AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), Beats Fit Pro, or Beats Studio Pro, and that they're connected to your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Open Control Center on your iPhone or on your iPad.
  3. Touch and hold the volume control to turn on spatial audio while you're playing multichannel content or Spatialize Stereo while you're playing two-channel stereo content. This also shows you the status icons.
  4. When you turn on spatial audio with head tracking, audio adjusts based on your head movement. To turn on spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Head Tracked. To turn on spatial audio only, tap Fixed. To turn off spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Off."

For more troubleshooting steps check out the link below.

Listen with spatial audio for AirPods and Beats

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

spatial audio not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.