You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari does not close or quit

I've noticed in my MacBook Pro 13" (M1 2020) I can't close safari. It won't let me quit in order to update security features as a result. I can't even shut it down which makes me think it may be malware keeping it open. Also, I've noticed another device on my "Devices" that I can't remove.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 2:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 3:51 PM

PeakGuy wrote:

I've noticed in my MacBook Pro 13" (M1 2020) I can't close safari. It won't let me quit in order to update security features as a result. I can't even shut it down which makes me think it may be malware keeping it open. Also, I've noticed another device on my "Devices" that I can't remove.

You can Force Quit any app from the >Force Quit>Safari

When you go to relaunch it hold the Shift key down.

If necessary you can always force quit the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

Force Shut down your Mac.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2023 3:51 PM in response to PeakGuy

PeakGuy wrote:

You can Force Quit any app from the >Force Quit>Safari

When you go to relaunch it hold the Shift key down.

If necessary you can always force quit the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

Force Shut down your Mac.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

My safari does not close or quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.