You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what cable is quicker to transfer files lightning to type c or lightning to usb 3.0?

I want to import my photos of my iphone 11 to my windows laptop. They are a lot and i want to know which is going to do the job quicker. Thank you in advance!

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 1:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:35 AM

FWIW. The cable will not be the limiting factor here. It would be the port types/data bus/CPUs on each device for the data transfer.

USB Type C defines the physical port dimensions; whereas, USB 1.0-4.0 defines the USB standards (in this case maximum data throughput). Thunderbolt 3&4 (standards) both use the USB-C type port, but have different data rate capabilities vs. USB.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2023 7:35 AM in response to sofoklis_giamn

FWIW. The cable will not be the limiting factor here. It would be the port types/data bus/CPUs on each device for the data transfer.

USB Type C defines the physical port dimensions; whereas, USB 1.0-4.0 defines the USB standards (in this case maximum data throughput). Thunderbolt 3&4 (standards) both use the USB-C type port, but have different data rate capabilities vs. USB.

what cable is quicker to transfer files lightning to type c or lightning to usb 3.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.