You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for Solutions and Tips for iPhone 12 iOS 15.1 Battery Drain Problem

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue with my iPhone 12 running iOS 15.1 and wanted to seek your insights on how to resolve it. Recently, I've noticed that my battery life has been draining significantly faster than usual. I've checked my battery usage in settings, and it seems that certain apps are consuming more power than they should.

I've already tried restarting my phone and closing background apps, but the issue persists. I'm curious if anyone else with an iPhone 12 and iOS 15.1 has encountered a similar problem and if there are any specific steps I could take to improve my battery life.

Your suggestions and experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 5:05 AM

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check Settings > Battery feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time, can turn off a service when an app is in the background, or disable the feature completely. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature. —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Open the Settings app and tap General, and then Background App Refresh. Decide if you don't need something checking in when you aren't actively using it.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data - set to a lower refresh frequency when in the background. You can always refresh it manually when looking at Mail.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2023 5:05 AM in response to Hardin_Jenner

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check Settings > Battery feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time, can turn off a service when an app is in the background, or disable the feature completely. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature. —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Open the Settings app and tap General, and then Background App Refresh. Decide if you don't need something checking in when you aren't actively using it.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data - set to a lower refresh frequency when in the background. You can always refresh it manually when looking at Mail.

Looking for Solutions and Tips for iPhone 12 iOS 15.1 Battery Drain Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.