You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my notification email on my ipad

I only have 1 email account so what do I do for my notification on my ipad

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 12:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 1:35 PM

From: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Add or change a rescue [for most people called a notification address] email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.

2. Select Sign-In and Security.

3. Select Rescue Email. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions or enter your Apple ID password before you continue.

4. To add a rescue email address, select Add email. Then enter your rescue email address, then select Save changes. We send a verification to that address.

5. To change a rescue email address, enter the new address. We send a verification to that address.

6. Enter the verification code and click Continue.

If at any stage you don't get an expected verification see: If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

Create second email address with one of the free services. It is a good idea to have multiple ways for Apple to be able to contact you should your primary method fail. People sometimes have an iCloud address as their only way for Apple to contact them but the ironic thing is, if you have a problem with your account this will cause to only way you have to contact you to help you with this to also not be accessible.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2023 1:35 PM in response to mylucyfur

From: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Add or change a rescue [for most people called a notification address] email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.

2. Select Sign-In and Security.

3. Select Rescue Email. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions or enter your Apple ID password before you continue.

4. To add a rescue email address, select Add email. Then enter your rescue email address, then select Save changes. We send a verification to that address.

5. To change a rescue email address, enter the new address. We send a verification to that address.

6. Enter the verification code and click Continue.

If at any stage you don't get an expected verification see: If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

Create second email address with one of the free services. It is a good idea to have multiple ways for Apple to be able to contact you should your primary method fail. People sometimes have an iCloud address as their only way for Apple to contact them but the ironic thing is, if you have a problem with your account this will cause to only way you have to contact you to help you with this to also not be accessible.

How do I change my notification email on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.