You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you update a software on a MacBook Air from 2014?

I have a MacBook Air from 2014, it is very out of date on it's software and I am unaware of how to update the software in order to download the Cricut Design Space.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:40 PM

rtwientjes Said:

"How do you update a software on a MacBook Air from 2014?: I have a MacBook Air from 2014, it is very out of date on it's software and I am unaware of how to update the software in order to download the Cricut Design Space."

-------

For reference...

Upgrading the macOS:

Determining which Upgrade(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2023 7:40 PM in response to rtwientjes

rtwientjes Said:

"How do you update a software on a MacBook Air from 2014?: I have a MacBook Air from 2014, it is very out of date on it's software and I am unaware of how to update the software in order to download the Cricut Design Space."

-------

For reference...

Upgrading the macOS:

Determining which Upgrade(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

Aug 14, 2023 7:39 PM in response to rtwientjes

rtwientjes Said:

-------

Incompatibility Seems to be the Culprit:

Contact the Developer, asking them which is best for you. Provide them with your Mac's Model, Year and the macOS that is installed.

Finding Mac Info:

Click: Apple logo located in the far left corner of the taskbar

Select: About this Mac

How do you update a software on a MacBook Air from 2014?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.