You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get closed captioning to work on my Apple TV? I have gone to settings, accessibility, and turned on CC. I still can't get CC to come on. What should I do?

I am using a LG tv, running 16.6 software with Apple TV 4K. I am trying to get closed captioning to work full time since I am hard of hearing. I have gone to Settings, Accessibility, and turned on CC. I still do not have CC when watching a program. I can scroll down on the wheel and it shows CC is off. I can try to click on the off button but that won't turn on CC. What should I do next?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 1:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 3:50 PM

Did you try the up arrow on the remote as I described?

Also see the "Subtitles on Apple TV, smart TV, or streaming device" section of Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

That shows the

icon I described and how to get to it.

3 replies

Aug 15, 2023 1:26 PM in response to Terry15

I use a Roku with my LG TV (works better for me than the Roku app). With it (and I suspect also with the LG app) if I press the up arrow while a program is playing, a dialog (e.g. cartoon ballon) is displayed near the lower right of the screen. May need to press up arrow and OK again to get to it and get it to open.

How do I get closed captioning to work on my Apple TV? I have gone to settings, accessibility, and turned on CC. I still can't get CC to come on. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.