You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time sensitive notification based on transportation method?

I kept getting time sensitive notification on my iPhone. It's about my calendar events. For instance - "It will take 2 hr, 4min to get to 1234 Main Street... via transit".

But the problem is, I always drive. It'll take me only 20 minutes to drive there. Therefore this kind of "time sensitive notification" is useless for me. Unless I can get iPhone to notify me based on the transportation method I choose. Is there such a way?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 2:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 8:12 AM

Interesting question, Matt.Luo. It took me a bit of searching and experimenting, creating my own calendar events, to come up with what I hope will be a solution for you.

When you create a time sensitive calendar event, and select Travel Time, you should be prompted to choose your transportation type when you get to that section.

I have selected Drive so many times, it now automatically defaults to that for me. I was not able to find any definitive information in the Apple Support pages so if you do not see the Drive option, I suggest you contact Apple directly. Tap Support at the top or bottom of the page. Please let me know if this was helpful at all.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Matt.Luo

Interesting question, Matt.Luo. It took me a bit of searching and experimenting, creating my own calendar events, to come up with what I hope will be a solution for you.

When you create a time sensitive calendar event, and select Travel Time, you should be prompted to choose your transportation type when you get to that section.

I have selected Drive so many times, it now automatically defaults to that for me. I was not able to find any definitive information in the Apple Support pages so if you do not see the Drive option, I suggest you contact Apple directly. Tap Support at the top or bottom of the page. Please let me know if this was helpful at all.

time sensitive notification based on transportation method?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.