You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use Apple Music that is shared by family

I am added to a family sharing plan that includes Apple Music but it won’t allow me to use Apple Music on my device

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 1:57 PM

4 replies

Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

I'm not seeing where Alex answered his own question, please provide me the specifics of your statement. So far as I can tell, reading this thread today, he says he has apple family sharing but cannot use it. I have much the same question.

To further clarify my point, I bought a plan that was sold under the impression that it allows family sharing of apple music. I cannot seem to give two devices on this 'share' plan access to the same library. Sharing a plan implies, well, sharing the same plan. What Apple appears to offer is a family discount on separate licenses...and absolutely deceptive advertising as Apple appears to be very good at. Don't get me wrong, Apple offers a superior product to the Windows world even if overpriced. But I am no fanboy and I won't pretend that what appear for all the world to be cheap marketing tricks are somehow ok just because it's Apple. I have yet to see a single answer that addresses the issue of actually SHARING iTunes rather than activating a discounted but separate license.

How can I use Apple Music that is shared by family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.