You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my Messages are on iCloud why cant I access them ?

I can't access all my iMessages - says it's stored in iCloud - but on my phone and laptop - it stops content and photos at a specific point and I cant access past a certain time. Why not and is there a way to? Ive tried some of the hints but they dont work. Why use iCloud if its not accessible ?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 6:14 PM

No , the reason messages are synced only with iCloud , they are saved in devices Mac / iPhone , you will not see a message icon when Apple ID is signed in at www.icloud.com

The syncing happens when messages box is checked , the messages are only synced with iCloud , they are not literally seen at iCloud.com

When you turn on iCloud messages in Mac messages preferences , messages will sync only , yes those messages will again restored back essentially from iPhone and not from iCloud .

See the article Change iMessage settings in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2023 6:14 PM in response to Bommunity

No , the reason messages are synced only with iCloud , they are saved in devices Mac / iPhone , you will not see a message icon when Apple ID is signed in at www.icloud.com

The syncing happens when messages box is checked , the messages are only synced with iCloud , they are not literally seen at iCloud.com

When you turn on iCloud messages in Mac messages preferences , messages will sync only , yes those messages will again restored back essentially from iPhone and not from iCloud .

See the article Change iMessage settings in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

If my Messages are on iCloud why cant I access them ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.