You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I join the family sharing without joining the shared iCloud

Because I would like to join my families shared account just for the subscriptions and not for the shared iCloud because I wanna keep all of my pictures and things of that nature private

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 8:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 8:40 AM

You can keep your own iCloud storage when using Family Sharing if that’s what you mean. However, if you do decide to share the iCloud storage, all of your data and photos remain private in Family Sharing. None of the other family members will be able to see your photos.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

One adult in your household — the family organizer — invites your family members. When family members join, they get instant access to the group’s subscriptions and content that are eligible for sharing. Each family member uses their own account, so everyone’s experience stays personalized and private.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2023 8:40 AM in response to elementalcub1

You can keep your own iCloud storage when using Family Sharing if that’s what you mean. However, if you do decide to share the iCloud storage, all of your data and photos remain private in Family Sharing. None of the other family members will be able to see your photos.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

One adult in your household — the family organizer — invites your family members. When family members join, they get instant access to the group’s subscriptions and content that are eligible for sharing. Each family member uses their own account, so everyone’s experience stays personalized and private.

Can I join the family sharing without joining the shared iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.