You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro charger and power cable

I need to buy a charger/power cable for an Apple MacBook Pro 15" Retina Core i7 2.5GHZ 16GB RAM 512GB SSD A1398 Quad Core that I just bought on eBay and which didn't come with the MacBook. Can someone help me please

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 7:48 AM

Use the following support document to determine the charger required for your specific model / year of MacBook Pro.

click here ➜ Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support

The A1398 model number you provided corresponds to a number of different Macs from 2009 all the way to 2015, but based on the CPU and speed, you probably have a mid 2014 or mid 2015 model, so the 85 Watt Magsafe 2 charger is what you are looking for:

85W MagSafe Power Adapter with MagSafe 2 style connector

• 15-inch MacBook Pro models introduced in 2012 through 2015

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2023 7:48 AM in response to Idiotgranny

Use the following support document to determine the charger required for your specific model / year of MacBook Pro.

click here ➜ Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support

The A1398 model number you provided corresponds to a number of different Macs from 2009 all the way to 2015, but based on the CPU and speed, you probably have a mid 2014 or mid 2015 model, so the 85 Watt Magsafe 2 charger is what you are looking for:

85W MagSafe Power Adapter with MagSafe 2 style connector

• 15-inch MacBook Pro models introduced in 2012 through 2015

MacBook Pro charger and power cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.