You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring apple mail folders and finder folders from icloud

My Mac was lost in the Lahaina fire along with everything else. I have a new Mac, and I want to restore the Apple mail and finder folders from the iCloud. I need help with this.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 5:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 9:22 PM

When you set up a new Mac Set up your Mac - Apple Support the same Apple ID and its password with accounts credentials that are used in old Mac will sync all documents / files Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support when i cloud drive is turned as on Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support , so you must not be worried to loose them .

You have to turn mails box from system preferences , and add mail accounts Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support with its account credentials in internet accounts , all mails from server will sync .

See the articles Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple SupportUse your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › mac-help › mac

Add an internet account - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › guide › mac-help › mac

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2023 9:22 PM in response to 1950Barb

When you set up a new Mac Set up your Mac - Apple Support the same Apple ID and its password with accounts credentials that are used in old Mac will sync all documents / files Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support when i cloud drive is turned as on Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support , so you must not be worried to loose them .

You have to turn mails box from system preferences , and add mail accounts Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support with its account credentials in internet accounts , all mails from server will sync .

See the articles Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple SupportUse your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › mac-help › mac

Add an internet account - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › guide › mac-help › mac

restoring apple mail folders and finder folders from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.