You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV no news channels

Using gen 3 Apple TV there has always been news channels in the apps, Bloomberg, CBS, Sky News last 3 days just comes up unavailable please try later ? any ideas anyone ? thanks

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 1:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 5:54 PM

Re: "Apple TV no news channels" : "Using gen 3 Apple TV there has always been news channels in the apps,

Bloomberg, CBS, Sky News last 3 days just comes up unavailable please try later ? any ideas anyone ?"

Apple support's online article:

Explore Watch Now in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

says:

"The Watch Now screen in the Apple TV app is the place to start watching movies, TV shows, news and live sport (not available in all countries or regions).

Find what you want to watch, add it to your Up Next list, then start watching" (more details in the article).

Also: Some apps on Apple TV include live video streams featuring content like news or sports.

You can use Siri to jump right into these live feeds.

See how to: Play live content on Apple TV - Apple Support

Seems there is also a separate app (on iPhone, iPad, or Mac) for News,

Eg: Read the latest headlines with Apple News - Apple Support

Also subscriptions to News + are available.

(ie: access hundreds of magazines, newspapers, and premium digital publishers)

(Available only in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States).

Join Apple News+ in the News app - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2023 5:54 PM in response to ian110

Re: "Apple TV no news channels" : "Using gen 3 Apple TV there has always been news channels in the apps,

Bloomberg, CBS, Sky News last 3 days just comes up unavailable please try later ? any ideas anyone ?"

Apple support's online article:

Explore Watch Now in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

says:

"The Watch Now screen in the Apple TV app is the place to start watching movies, TV shows, news and live sport (not available in all countries or regions).

Find what you want to watch, add it to your Up Next list, then start watching" (more details in the article).

Also: Some apps on Apple TV include live video streams featuring content like news or sports.

You can use Siri to jump right into these live feeds.

See how to: Play live content on Apple TV - Apple Support

Seems there is also a separate app (on iPhone, iPad, or Mac) for News,

Eg: Read the latest headlines with Apple News - Apple Support

Also subscriptions to News + are available.

(ie: access hundreds of magazines, newspapers, and premium digital publishers)

(Available only in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States).

Join Apple News+ in the News app - Apple Support

Aug 24, 2023 7:47 AM in response to Natt_S

This is also happening to me. I only use this Apple TV for Bloomberg. So this has made my Apple TV useless.

I live in Canada.

I have tried all resetting options: 1. Simple restart - failed. 2. Reset to factory settings - failed. 3. Reset Apple TV via usb to iTunes recovery - failed. 4. Port forward port 123 with static IP - failed. 5. Unplug Apple Tv for 30 mins and try again - failed.

Save yourself some time if this just happened to you in the last few days don't waste your time doing what I have already done above. The only option to allow a subprime viewing experience is to air-play Bloomberg from your phone computer or other device. This defeats the purpose of the Apple TV as most TVs offer built-in mirror options for most platforms or via wifi.

Hopefully, Apple figures this out or at least let us know if these apps are being decommissioned on these units.

Aug 21, 2023 1:02 AM in response to Natt_S

Hi Natt, I have not been able to find a proper answer as to why the apps have been removed, I have found that if you open Rakuten TV this still has the streaming services from Bloomberg/CNN and several other news channels

I'm running it on a Samsung Smart Tv which gives you the Rakuten App

Hope this helps

Apple TV no news channels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.