You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook pro 16 shows default ventura lockscreen walpaper everytime after shutdown. Why ?

After shutdown & power my MacBook, why not showing my saved wallpaper on login screen ?

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 2:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 6:21 AM

you can make the login screen match your user account's wallpaper. but you cannot set it as a separate image.

if you are the sole user (not even a guest account) AND file vault is turned off you can go to System Settings, in the Lock Screen tab,  and set "Login window shows" to "List of users". then your login screen matches your desktop background.

if you are using file vault or have multiple users, the above will not work.  if that's your situation, you will need to wait for apple to address this. it may be worth your time to send feedback directly to apple. Feedback - macOS - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2023 6:21 AM in response to Arshad_Asgar

you can make the login screen match your user account's wallpaper. but you cannot set it as a separate image.

if you are the sole user (not even a guest account) AND file vault is turned off you can go to System Settings, in the Lock Screen tab,  and set "Login window shows" to "List of users". then your login screen matches your desktop background.

if you are using file vault or have multiple users, the above will not work.  if that's your situation, you will need to wait for apple to address this. it may be worth your time to send feedback directly to apple. Feedback - macOS - Apple

My MacBook pro 16 shows default ventura lockscreen walpaper everytime after shutdown. Why ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.