You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is stuck in guided access and i don't remember the passcode, when i turn ipad off and on again, i go into settings but cannot go any further settings screen is frozen. How do it get out of guided session?

My 6th generation ipad is stuck in guided access and i don't remember the passcode, when i turn ipad off and on again, i go into settings but cannot go any further settings screen is frozen. How do it get out of guided session?

iPad

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 12:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2024 8:20 AM

So My ipad 8th gen is currently locked on guided access and I don’t remember a single digit of the passcode, the keypad is working everything’s fine except the passcode I forgot, I tried to force reboot it which did not work as it took me back into the app. Then I opened the keypad and try using Touch ID, after that it did not work as well. Please help, I don’t have Face ID or remember it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2024 8:20 AM in response to WheelieNick

So My ipad 8th gen is currently locked on guided access and I don’t remember a single digit of the passcode, the keypad is working everything’s fine except the passcode I forgot, I tried to force reboot it which did not work as it took me back into the app. Then I opened the keypad and try using Touch ID, after that it did not work as well. Please help, I don’t have Face ID or remember it.

Aug 19, 2023 12:26 AM in response to mschristian272

If you have forgotten the guided access passcode, you can try and turn It off via face or Touch ID

• Use the Guided Access passcode: Triple-click the Home button or top button (depending on your iPad model), then enter the Guided Access passcode.
  • Use Touch ID: On an iPad with Touch ID turned on, double-click the Home button or top button (depending on your model), then unlock with Touch ID.
  • Use Face ID: On an iPad with Face ID turned on, double-click the top button, then unlock with Face ID.

Feb 27, 2024 8:38 AM in response to Rickandmortyo

Rickandmortyo wrote:

The only way to get out of Guided Access without the GA Passcode is to forcibly reboot your device.

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Once your device is restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > Guided Access - and turn off Guided Access if needed.

Use Guided Access on iPad - Apple Support

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

My ipad is stuck in guided access and i don't remember the passcode, when i turn ipad off and on again, i go into settings but cannot go any further settings screen is frozen. How do it get out of guided session?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.