You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not receiving messages. What do I do?

I am not receiving or able to send messages because it says my phone number is not attached.How do I fix this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 11:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 11:47 AM

Here are some things you can try to fix the issue of your iPhone 7 not receiving or sending messages because your phone number is not attached:

1. Check your Send & Receive settings. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Make sure that your phone number is selected under Send Messages From. If it is not, tap on it to select it.

1. Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all of your network settings, including your Wi-Fi passwords and cellular settings. After resetting, your iPhone will automatically connect to your Wi-Fi network and cellular network.

1. Update your iPhone software. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is an update available, tap on Download and Install.

1. Contact your carrier. If you've tried all of the above and you're still having problems, contact your carrier for help. They may be able to troubleshoot the issue on their end.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• Make sure that you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. You need a connection to send or receive messages.

• Make sure that you have enough space on your iPhone to store messages.

• Make sure that you have entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2023 11:47 AM in response to Jalenrich

Here are some things you can try to fix the issue of your iPhone 7 not receiving or sending messages because your phone number is not attached:

1. Check your Send & Receive settings. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Make sure that your phone number is selected under Send Messages From. If it is not, tap on it to select it.

1. Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all of your network settings, including your Wi-Fi passwords and cellular settings. After resetting, your iPhone will automatically connect to your Wi-Fi network and cellular network.

1. Update your iPhone software. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is an update available, tap on Download and Install.

1. Contact your carrier. If you've tried all of the above and you're still having problems, contact your carrier for help. They may be able to troubleshoot the issue on their end.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• Make sure that you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. You need a connection to send or receive messages.

• Make sure that you have enough space on your iPhone to store messages.

• Make sure that you have entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am not receiving messages. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.