You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing shows Music media but not Photos media

Hi, my Apple TV isn't showing any of the video media in my Photos library on my Mac Mini. Here are my details:

Mac Mini running Ventura 13.4 (M2)

AppleTV 4K running tvOS 16.6

Both devices restarted, re-signed into same AppleID, and both toggled the 'Home Sharing' switch using same AppleID

Both devices have wifi disabled and are on the same network via ethernet

I have a different Mac Mini on my network but it has Home Sharing disabled.

When I launch 'Computers' on my AppleTV, I don't even see a list of computers. I see an empty Movies library but I see a Music library that appears to have all the playlists and manually imported music in my Mac Mini's Music library.

Using my iPhone, it has the same issue as the AppleTV, so I'm thinking it's a problem with my Mac Mini. Actually oh my phone, I see a "Showing only content on Jeffery Chow's Library" so I think it's seeing the library, just not any of the content in it.

Can anyone think of what might be the issue pls?

EDIT: It occurs to me that my Photos Library isn't set to be my System Photo Library, because it's on an external drive and I'm backing it up with Time Machine. Could that be the issue?

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 10:39 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 20, 2023 6:59 PM in response to jchowdown

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities jchowdown,

Be sure you meet each of the prerequisites:

• Update all of your Apple devices to the latest versions of iOSiPadOSmacOS, and tvOS. On your PC, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

• Connect all of your devices to the same Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.

• Make sure that all of your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID and authorized to play purchases using that Apple ID.

If you need further assistance, the page you linked here from may be helpful: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

Cheers!

Home Sharing shows Music media but not Photos media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.