You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not like the new trackpad on my MacBook Pro (2 months old)

Pages just seem to disappear. I find myself having to redo things all the time because a web page just disappears, it seems to zoom way in without any input from me that I can detect. It's driving me nuts and I don't need any help.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 9:39 AM

Are you asking for assistance or just informing people that you dislike your new Mac?

If the trackpad is actually the problem, then you can easily disable the fancy trackpad gestures in the Trackpad System Settings.

Change Trackpad settings on Mac - Apple Support

Change Pointer Control settings for accessibility on Mac - Apple Support

And in case you want to learn the various trackpad & mouse gestures:

Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2023 9:39 AM in response to cainhu

Are you asking for assistance or just informing people that you dislike your new Mac?

If the trackpad is actually the problem, then you can easily disable the fancy trackpad gestures in the Trackpad System Settings.

Change Trackpad settings on Mac - Apple Support

Change Pointer Control settings for accessibility on Mac - Apple Support

And in case you want to learn the various trackpad & mouse gestures:

Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

Aug 20, 2023 9:45 AM in response to cainhu

Hi, cainhu, you DON'T need any help ? really, it sounds to me like you actually DO need some help, so could have been a a typo/spelling error/ fumbly fingers (we all have 'em from time to time).... I don't know what Mac OS you have on your MacBook Pro 13" but see if Accessbility is turned on and see what gestures/actions are turned on , on the Trackpad section of System Preferences, under the large Apple Icon, top left of your screen... anyways, see this link on how to change Accessibility settings on your Mac.... Use the Accessibility Shortcuts panel on Mac - Apple Support and this link too : Change Accessibility settings on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

and finally this link for your Trackpad:-->Change Trackpad settings on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

John B

I do not like the new trackpad on my MacBook Pro (2 months old)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.