You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I inadvertently deleted all archived and trash emails from Mail on my iMac. Is there any way to restore them?

Claiming ignorance, I deleted all archived emails and trashed emails on Mail(Gmail) on my iMac. So all thousands of those emails and their folders are gone. I still see them on my iPhone Mail, and when I log into my Gmail account on Google, they are all still there. Not sure what I have done nor what I might possibly do to restore those emails. Any helpful suggestions?

iMac 24″

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 3:33 PM

ralphfromlittleton wrote:

Update:
I forgot that I did actually make a change by going to Settings, then to Internet Accounts, and then to Google where I slid the button by Mail to off and then on. Could this have brought back my deleted archived emails?

You basically did what I suggested.

9 replies

I inadvertently deleted all archived and trash emails from Mail on my iMac. Is there any way to restore them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.