You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music randomly opening on macbook

Apple music keeps randomly opening on the macbook. I had to uninstall it from my iPhone to stop it from randomly playing music when I pressed the play button on my airpods but it looks like I can't uninstall it from the macbook.

1. No one wants an app they've never used to randomly open when they put headphones on/press play on headphones.
  2. Forcing people to use an app is not good design.
  3. Make it possible to opt-out of this bug (that you're apparently pretending is a feature).
  4. Add a toggle switch to disable apple music starting at any time other than when I click on it

There are so many tickets and requests and bug reports for this. There is literally no reason not to do this except that you guys think people won't use Apple music if it's not forced to open all the time

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 2:00 PM

2 replies

Apple music randomly opening on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.