You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control disconnecting very often

Yes, i've gone through all the steps in the support article.

M2 Macbook Pro, M2 iPad Pro, 15" Intel i7 MBP on Ventura (the 15" being what the M&K are parented to primarily).

Sometimes the cursor gets stuck on the iPad Pro screen and i'll have to turn my mouse on/off.

Sometimes i'll be on the M2 screen and it will just quit and pull me back to the 15" MBP.

They're all on my desk only feet apart.

I use a mech keyboard and Logitech MX Master 3S mouse as well as an Apple Trackpad. No issues with connection to any computer however. I also have an Apple keyboard and still have the same issues with it.

Anyone else having a terrible time with this as of lately?

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 1:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 3:47 PM

runyourluck wrote:

M2 Macbook Pro, M2 iPad Pro, 15" Intel i7 MBP on Ventura (the 15" being what the M&K are parented to primarily).

Sometimes the cursor gets stuck on the iPad Pro screen and i'll have to turn my mouse on/off.
Sometimes i'll be on the M2 screen and it will just quit and pull me back to the 15" MBP.

I use a mech keyboard and Logitech MX Master 3S mouse as well as an Apple Trackpad. No issues with connection to any computer however. I also have an Apple keyboard and still have the same issues with it.

see if there is anything here—

AirPlay/screen mirroring and Universal Control cannot be used at the same time.

*Universal Control stopped working — see this post

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253896955?answerId=257835358022#257835358022

Universal Control —

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2023 3:47 PM in response to runyourluck

runyourluck wrote:

see if there is anything here—

AirPlay/screen mirroring and Universal Control cannot be used at the same time.

*Universal Control stopped working — see this post

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253896955?answerId=257835358022#257835358022

Universal Control —

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Jan 15, 2024 2:07 PM in response to runyourluck

This worked for me. Go to Network - Firewall - Options. You'll see a Universal Control incoming connection setting. Delete Universal Control by highlighting it, click the minus sign (where the +|- is on the bottom left of the incoming connections block), and click ok. Then restart the MacBook. After you restart, bring the iPad next to the MacBook and it should work normally. This seems to be a problem with the Universal Control incoming connections setting.

Universal Control disconnecting very often

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.