You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove my iCloud account from system preferences or system settings when changing my password

When I try to change my password and logout from iCloud and other websites using my login,it refers me system preferences or system settings on a Mac iOS which am not aware of

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 9:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 1:13 AM

When you open system preferences > click on Apple ID > again click on password and security section , click on change password , it promise to enter admin password , once entered again a pop up window appears to enter new Apple ID password and verify it .

See the article Change Password & Security settings for your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

There is no option to simultaneously sign out apple id from Mac system preferences while you are changing Apple ID password , to sign out Apple ID from Mac system preferences , click on overview section , click on sign out Change Overview preferences for your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2023 1:13 AM in response to K_TY

When you open system preferences > click on Apple ID > again click on password and security section , click on change password , it promise to enter admin password , once entered again a pop up window appears to enter new Apple ID password and verify it .

See the article Change Password & Security settings for your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

There is no option to simultaneously sign out apple id from Mac system preferences while you are changing Apple ID password , to sign out Apple ID from Mac system preferences , click on overview section , click on sign out Change Overview preferences for your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

How do I remove my iCloud account from system preferences or system settings when changing my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.